One of the most frequently asked questions by newbie bloggers or website builder is: how much does it cost to build a self-hosted WordPress website? Even though the core WordPress software is free, the cost of a website hinge on your budget and goals.
In this article, we will break it all down to answer the most important question: What are the costs of building a self-hosted WordPress website? We’ll also show you how to avoid extravagance and decrease the cost when building a website. Through our GIVEAWAY, we will help you decrease the costs even further. When you are starting to create your WordPress website, the first things you need to worry about are hosting your website and also a keyword-rich domain name for your website.
A domain name works as the address of your website. It is what internet users type into to find your site. It could be a .com or some other type of domain name that you own and is your home on the web. When you are building a WordPress website, a domain name is the first element you need to shop for. Having a domain name is comparable to buying property and giving an address for your new website. You should select a domain with either .com, .org, .net or other TDL and among them .com is the most favorite one to visitors.
Every professional website on the internet has its unique domain name and a self-hosted website. A keyword-rich domain name will make your site look more professional and it will be easier for internet users to find your website.
The domain name will cost you $14 per year. However, you can get a FREE domain name and 60% off web hosting from Bluehost so you can start a website for as low as $2.95 per month. Bluehost is an officially suggested WordPress hosting provider.
To develop a self-hosted WordPress site, you need web hosting to store your files. Every single website on the internet needs hosting. This is your website’s home that it needs to stay on the internet. There are different hosting plans available for various kinds of websites. You need to pick one that fits your budget and suits your requirements.
If you want to start a simple blog on WordPress, you can start with cost of $106 for 50 GB SSD storage, unlimited bandwidth, free SSL Certificate, and a free domain with Bluehost hosting. Bluehost will auto-install WordPress software for you and we always advise our visitors not to compromise on the quality of hosting service. Therefore, we recommend Bluehost’s 3 years basic contract, $2.95 per month, for $106 (with one free domain).
Affiliate Disclosure: This page has affiliate links that redirect you to buy hosting from Bluehost. If you click through on one of these links and make a purchase, we may receive a commission and you would be eligible for the GIVEAWAY. We suggest you to buy 36 months’ plan which will help you to SAVE money.
Bluehost 3 Years’ Hosting Plans
- Shared hosting (cPenel) starts from $2.95 to $13.95 per month.
- Next-Gen VPS hosting starts from $18.99 to $59.99 per month.
- Dedicated hosting starts from $79.99 to $119.99 per month.
- WordPress Hosting starts from $2.95 to $5.45 per month (Recommended for new blog, small business, or affiliate sites).
- Managed WordPress Hosting starts from $19.95 to $49.95 per month.
- eCommerce Store by WooCommerce starts from $6.95 to $12.95 per month (Recommended for new eCommerce sites).
We are announcing a giveaway which will let you create a WordPress website almost for free, you would just need to buy hosting from our affiliate link to be eligible for the giveaway. The features that we offer for free would normally cost you almost $800. Following is our giveaway list
Setting up Custom Nameservers at Cloudflare
Cloudflare Protects and accelerates your site with a proper Domain Name System (DNS) configuration. You can easily learn to configure your DNS. Cloudflare also protects websites from DDos attack, therefore it is necessary. It also protects the website from unwanted attacks and intrusions. Cloudflare builds a barrier around your website, a kind of firewall to filter out unwanted traffic.
A developer will charge you the following costs BUT you will get it for FREE if you buy hosting from our affiliate link.
- Cloudflare setup charge $50
- WordPress Plugins and themes. To put up your website or blog, WordPress is the cheapest way. Particularly, if you are looking to build an online business, the cost WordPress incur, is very little compared to other platforms. You can grasp some of the premium plugins to help you boost your site’s functionality (like enhancing your on-page SEO, speed, security, backup and so on). Now let’s discover how much WordPress website / blog cost, where you will be doing the whole thing on your own:
- Basic setup with the free theme costs $70
- Basic setup with Premium WordPress theme costs $110
- Professional setup with Premium WordPress theme and various Premium Plugins costs $800.
You can also consider using a Basic setup with Premium WordPress theme and various Premium Plugins. The good news is that you can get these themes and plugins for FREE if you click on our affiliate link and purchase hosting from Bluehost.
WordPress premium security plugins: Your internet business is at risk. The Internet makes it likely for cybercriminals to burglarize your website without having to leave their couch: On average, at any given time, 18.5 million websites are infected with malware. Each day, the average website gets attacked 44 times. Roughly, each day, of the 90,000 websites that get hacked, 83% of them are using WordPress. That is why you need to properly secure your website using Premium Plugins. Security plugins cost around $100 per year. To get them for free, you just need to buy hosting from our affiliate link.
We can conclude this article and say if you buy hosting from our affiliate link of Bluehost, you can save $800 to build a self-hosted WordPress website.